Saturday, December 27, 2008

one more reason to hate small towns...



Boxing day on any calender as well as any other city I have lived in has always been December 26th, the day after Christmas. Well we woke up early and got ourselves all pumped up to go find a sweet sale here or there and what happens?. NOTHING IS OPEN!!!! Apparently boxing day in small town Nova Scotia actually falls on the 27th regardless as to whether it is a small business or a Mega Corporation like WalMart or Future Shop!!!!.

Its bad enough nothing is open passed 6:00pm on Sunday, ironically the only day for the past few weeks I have felt the urge to go grocery shopping to make a great supper after work!!!. I guess this is what I get for living in an overly religious town with traditional values.

Some days I miss the hustle and bustle of Vancouver, right down to the crack heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a line!