Wednesday, June 16, 2010

good times!



Today was a great day for family fun! The sun was bright it was nice and hot outside. Chris and I decided to pack up the baby and the dogs, stop at the Tim Horton's drive thru and nab a couple of iced caps (one of my favourite things about summer) and go to the beach. We drove down to the beach and had it all to ourselves being the middle of the day in the middle of the week. Ahhhh funemployment!!. The dogs and Chris took a run along the beach and the baby cuddled up to me in her snugli under my light weight poncho. We only stayed at the beach for about 20 minutes as the wind was pretty strong in front of the water and we worried it may be too cold for the baby. We then decided to pack up the car again and make our way down to our old neighbourhood to stroll through the wooded trails they have there.

We started our walk with an encounter with three horse riders leaving the trail as we entered, Mushu and Foxy had no idea what the heck the horses were and would have loved to go sniff them. I'm just thankful they didn't start barking and scare the horses as two of the three riders were just young girls. We were in the woods for about an hour or so and then made our way back home. I'm glad we are still able to go out and do things even after the baby has arrived, The few bad weather days I have been house bound have been a bit boring and I'm grateful for the walks and day trips we have been taking each chance we get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a line!