Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Barack Obama


So I have yet to jump on the "woot, woot" Barack Obama train. I am so glad that in my lifetime I am able to see a black president!. It speaks volumes on how society is slowly making positive changes. But I refuse to treat him like an American messiah come to save the world from economic turmoil etc. etc.

He may not be Bush but lets give him a chance to really earn our trust and respect through his actions rather than his campaign speeches because lets face it a politician's word is meaningless its his/her actions that are the true test of character.

Anyhow, as I was saying I am pretty much indifferent to the whole Barack Obama thing which makes last nights dream very strange. I had a dream that Barack Obama was my long lost father and he was really excited to give me away at my wedding. I woke up and started to laugh.....bizarre...Im not even sure on what subconscious level my mind thought that was something to bring up...hahahaha


3 comments:

  1. hey, thats not funny!

    Obama really IS my long lost father!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of a funny Alex Ross-ish painting of Barack I saw online where he was opening up his suit jacket all superman-like to reveal a giant "O" underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fourleaf clover- Google Barrack Obama victory unicorn if you want to see my favourit painting of him so far.

    Slyde- lucky you!! I would take Barrack as a dad over the genetic cesspool I was cursed with.

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line!