Sunday, October 5, 2008

Im back..... wow I took a long time updating!!



Where to begin? The last day of my holidays was spent going to the bank with the boyfriend and finding out we would be accepted for a mortgage once we have our 5% down payment. Looks like our credit isn't as bad as I thought!!!!.

So We decided to rent out the basement of our house to help us save some money, we eventually (after a few weeks of showing it and haggling) found a nice couple to rent the upstairs instead while paying the utilities, which makes our payments EVEN cheaper now. So we will be saving about 700-800 a month!!!. Awesome now to open up a savings account and store it for our future home. So far so good, I'm not happy about losing a dishwasher and a bathtub but I can live with the shower and the elbow grease to save some cash. Now is no time to be a primadonna when we are so close to something so exciting.

As for the art, I started a painting and so far its my best yet, its a painting of a pin-up style mermaid, its inspired by Tara McPherson but only very loosely. I'm happy with it, I think it will add a great splash of color in the basement suite.

I am very excited for the start of fall, the leaves are starting to turn all shades of orange, yellow and red. The air is crisp and spicy and I hope we are able to make a trip up to the Cabot Trail next weekend to snap some pics of the fall colors!! *fingers crossed for some blasted sun!!!.

PUMPKIN TIME!!! I haven't baked any sweets at home for over a year until this past few weeks I have made some cranberry pumpkin loaf and pumpkin cornbread and even a pumpkin swirl cheesecake for my boss's birthday!!. I was even able to convince them to sell the pumpkin loaf at the bakery and it seems to be a good seller! This fall mixed with my new found creativity is going to be fun and delicious!!. My one regret is that I will not be able to spend Halloween with my friends and really celebrating my favourite holiday of the year!!! ah well what can you do???

The girl at work who was supervisor gave her notice upon our return from holidays and now I have been given her job, its a bit stressful trying to remember all the odds and ends that need to be done but it shouldn't be too long before it becomes second nature. At least I have some time before the Christmas rush to gain my footing. Unfortunately I think all the girls who have been there for some time may be leaving this year which means we will be working a crew of newbies this winter. That's okay though because the few new girls hired seem to be really hard workers.

Foxy (my little Pomeranian) had her surgery at the end of my holidays, she was spayed, had her teeth cleaned and had nine teeth removed. She was up and trying to run around a day after her surgery. I think I was more upset about dropping her off than she was about being left behind, I handed her to the vet tech and started to cry as I left the vets office.

They phoned me part way through the day to let me know her surgery went well and she was recovering fine form the anesthetic. My local vet is a really nice man who you can tell does it for a genuine love of the animals and not the money, its very refreshing. She is now playing with Mushu (my chihuahua cross) which she didn't do before the surgery and shes doing great. Much better than she was when we first brought her home when she was gaunt and smelly. She has put a layer of fat on her bones and is full of energy now I'm so glad we got her when we did she was in some rough shape, poor little thing.


Its almost election time and I'm not sure if I am going to vote NDP or Liberal I guess I will figure out who has a better chance of beating the Tories in my riding and throw an extra vote their way. I would hate to see the Tories get a seat due to a split left wing vote between the two parties. Ultimately I really would love to see Jack Layton as Prime Minister I usually vote NDP but this election is to important to vote your heart it has to be strategic to keep Harper out. I recently sent out an email to everyone on my Mailing list to let them know why I wouldn't be voting Conservative. This is the first year I have ever been this passionate about politics!.


"Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country,
isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit,
you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame?
Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty,
you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems
which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor,
Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent."

V ~V for Vendetta

I think that concludes most of the excitment of my last few weeks, I will try to keep this Blog more current!

~until next time.