Sunday, August 17, 2008

white knight syndrome........



White Knight syndrome

A personality characteristic found in most males that cause them to:

1. rush to the aid of any female they see who appears in any form of distress.

2. Become attracted to said damsel in distress.

3. Follow the dying code of chivalry and generally act like a nice guy.

Also called young mans disease.



Despite the fact I am a young woman myself I think I may suffer from white knight syndrome. When I see or hear of family and friends plights I am up at arms ready to defend or protect until the death. It feels a bit hypocritical though as I am usually more passive when dealing with my own problems, I think a skill I need to learn is to detach emotionally when being confided in.

Its impossible to try to solve all the worlds problems but I cant fight that urge to take up arms, I wonder if I may be trying to tackle others problems as a way of avoiding my own?. Perhaps??? I also wonder how many syndromes one person can have at any given time?, will my white knight syndrome clash violently with my Peter Pan syndrome??

or is my hypochondria the biggest problem I am facing today???